2017 AIOFLA’s 10 Best in Texas For Client Satisfaction
Kevin Hunter is more than a Texas divorce law attorney. He’s a tireless advocate whose compassion, knowledge, and unique background help clients through the most difficult times of their lives.
Recognized as one of the 10 best attorneys in family law, Mr. Hunter helps clients everyday by listening, learning and fighting on their behalf.
He’s prevailed in some of the most challenging matters imaginable, has represented men, women, and children, and is focused on helping those who need a skilled and determined lawyer.
Winning for Clients
Known as the MacGyver of the office, Mr. Hunter possesses a keen ability to solve problems with little information and on tight deadlines.
Women fighting for proper compensation, men fighting for more time with their children, and families in need of realistic solutions to their problems all call Mr. Hunter for assistance. His successful track record on behalf of his clients includes:
- Winning a jury trial for a military member who argued his ex-wife and mother of their children was alienating their two daughters from him. Mr. Hunter was successful at trial and the jury awarded him primary custody.
- He also prevailed in a complex appeal regarding a protective order that was ruled to be unconstitutional.
- Marital Agreements
- Pre-nups and post-nups
- Military divorce
- Children/Custody Issues
- Protective Orders
- Family Law
Few attorneys can boast the “soup to nuts” understanding of the law Mr. Hunter possesses. As a member of the armed services, a firefighter, and a former member of law enforcement, his ability to see the legal process from start to finish helps clients immensely.
In addition, Mr. Hunter has personal experience with divorce and is able to walk through the process with clients, giving them an understanding of what to expect every step of the way.
South Texas College of Law, J.D.
- Civil Rights & Liberties Moot Court Competition at Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia
- National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition at Pepperdine University School of Law in Malibu, California
Wayland Baptist University, B.S.
Clerkship, The Honorable Judge Halbach, 333rd Civil District Court, Harris County
- AVVO, Perfect 10 Rating
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best in Client Satisfaction
- Pacific Air Forces Military Firefighter of the Year
- Elmendorf Air Force Base Fire Officer of the Year
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Bar College
- Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Law Section
- Fort Bend Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Katy Bar Association
- Houston Business Network, Past President